I found this recipe at www.freezehappy.com and TJ loves them!
1 lb chorizo sausage or bulk breakfast sausage (I used left over ham, but want to try them with bacon too.)
2 cups Bisquick
1 cup cornmeal
1 3/4 cups milk
1/4 c. chopped green or red bell pepper
1/2 c. finely minced onion
1/2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. Line muffin tins with paper liners, and set aside.
2. Fry, crumble and drain sausage. (omit this step if using ham)
3. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Mix together bisquick, cornmeal, eggs, garlic powder and milk.
5. Add drained sausage, diced peppers, onions and cheese. Stir well. (You may choose to saute the peppers and onion with your sausage for a milder taste).
6. Ladle the filling into the prepared muffin tins, filling almost to top.
7. Bake for 11-15 minutes. Allow to cool completely.
- Store in freezer in a large airtight container. Or place each in a sandwich bag, and then place a dozen in a large ziploc bag.
- Microwave on high for approx 90 seconds.