Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Broccoli Salad




This is another recipe that I am constantly looking up. I LOVE it:)

2 heads fresh broccoli
1 red onion (I use more like 1/2 an oinion)
1/2 pound bacon
3/4 cup craisins
3/4 cup sliced almonds
1 cup mayonnaise (I use light)
1/2 cup white sugar
2 TB white wine vinegar (or regular vinegar)

I like to slice my bacon in small pieces then cook until crisp.

Cut broccoli florets into bite-sized pieces and dice red onion. Combine with the bacon, Craisins, nuts and mix well.

Dressing: mix Mayo, sugar, vinegar together until smooth. Pour over salad, stir, let chill and serve.

I don't usually mix all the dressing on to the salad, it's a little too much in my opinion. SO I start with a good helping of dressing on the salad, and then just before serving judge how much more needs to be added to keep the salad moist with dressing, but not soggy.





No comments:

Post a Comment