1 pkg. Oreo cookies
8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
1 lb semi-sweet or milk chocolate
1/2 lb white chocolate
Peppermint extract (optional)
- Using a food processor, grind cookies to a fine powder. With a mixer, blend cookie powder and cream cheese until thoroughly mixed (there should be no white traces of cream cheese). Blend in a few drops of mint extract (optional).
- Roll into small balls and place on wax-lined cookie sheet. Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Line two cookie sheets with wax paper. In double-boiler, melt chocolate. Dip balls and coat thoroughly. With slotted spoon, lift balls out of chocolate and let excess chocolate drip off. Place on wax-paper-lined cookie sheet. Refridgerate until set.
- In separate double boiler, melt white chocolate. Using a fork, drizzle white chocolate over balls. Let cool.
- Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Submitted by Katy Lorenc